A lift kit is always a good choice, whether you’ve just bought your truck or even have had it for years and think it requires something fresh. Those who have already dealt with lift kits may already know where to look for them, but each track is a little different, and thus, finding the correct kit can be difficult.
We’re here to help if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by the number of options available when it comes to getting the best lift kit for your GMC canyon. Hopefully, they’ll be of use to you as you begin your lift kit adventure!
GMC Canyon – Best Lift Kit
1. Rough Country 2″ Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon – 922
With Rough Country’s 2 inches Leveling Kit for GMC Canyon, you can unlock your truck’s real potential. This is undoubtedly one of the best lift kits for GMC Canyon. With this simple-to-install leveling kit, you can get a completely level look from front to back while eliminating the factory rake! With this product, the Lifetime Replacement Warranty from Rough Country is included.
- Rough Country ensures that you get the optimum balance of strength, protection, and style.
- It promises to improve on-road and off-road obstacle clearance.
- This fantastic product provides a smooth OEM-like ride.
- It quickly and conveniently aligns the front and back of your truck.
- This kit uses a pre-load spacer and a robust upper strut spacer to provide raised elevation without compromising ride quality or appearance.
- This kit boasts a 100 percent bolt-on installation technique that requires no cutting or drilling and can be readily restored to stock at any time.
2. Superlift 1.25″ Leveling Kit – 2015-Current GMC Canyon, Black
Superlift’s Level-It lift kits are ideal for anyone looking for a cost-effective and simple way to remove and upgrade the incline, given for practically any new model or SUV. This kit is unsuitable with the ZR2 package.
- Level-It components are integrated alongside factory suspension elements to provide moderate ride height, and it increases Super-EZ installation.
- It’s simply leveling the truck’s posture, making room to move up a couple of tire sizes, or plus-sizing the tire and wheel combination on the vehicle.
- This ideal lift kit is compatible with Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon models from 2015 to the present.
- It produces 1.25″ of lift with ease.
- This product comes with an easy bolt-on installation that requires no trimming or cutting.
- It is designed and built in the United States with the highest quality materials.
3. Rough Country 2.5″ Lift Kit for GMC Canyon 4WD – 920
This is one of the best lift kits for GMC Canyon, with a 2. 5″ exhaust that is both easy and effective. This easy-to-install and specific component has a great effect for a small expense. Most importantly, this kit has indeed been engineered to work with both the front and back of your automobile, resulting in an improved feel and look of your large truck once installed. This kit installs quickly and effortlessly, with a 100% bolt-on approach that takes 3 hours or less to finish!
- This suspension kit uses a torsion bar key spacer to give you more than enough room to run up to 32″ tires.
- Rough Country believes that this product will give the GMC Canyon the right balance of efficiency, protection, and flair.
- It raises Ground Clearance for on-road and off-road obstacles quickly and seamlessly.
- It keeps the ride smooth and factory-like while also leveling the front and back of the vehicle.
- It guarantees RC’s support for easy at-home bolt-on installation.
- When you invest in this product, a lifetime Replacement Warranty is also included.
4. NIXFACE 3″ Full Lift Kit Compatible with 2004-2012 GMC Canyon
This lift kit is the perfect product for your GMC Canyon since this 3″ Full Lift Kit fits the GMC Canyon. It is constructed with high-quality materials and will fulfill your expectations. It is built with precision laser-cut 1/4″ steel.
- It has a black powder coating that provides anti-corrosion and anti-rust protection.
- This suspension raise kit will improve your truck’s appearance while also increasing ground clearance and allowing it to fit wider tires.
- The rear lift may be adjusted to 2″ or 3″ of elevation.
- It’s simple to use and much simpler to set up. A torsion bar puller is needed for the accurate installation of this lift kit.
- The keys include the proper left and right sides, allowing you to alter the ride height up to 3″ from the factory without sacrificing ride quality.
5. ReadyLift 2.25″ Front and 1.5″ Rear SST Lift Kit GMC Canyon
We’re all familiar with GM trucks’ reputation for dependability. These lift kits are designed to withstand the extreme pressures these powerful trucks are subjected to. Don’t let the factory rake ruin your truck’s posture. This lift kit is considered to be one of the best lift kits for leveling and the mid-level SST Lift Kits to entire huge lift kits ranging from 7′′ to 9′′. This equipment will provide a multitude of lifting solutions to meet whatever position and style you want.
- The ReadyLift 66-3070 flexible torsion keys are used to elevate the front of such a popular vehicle by 2.25″.
- The latest rear leaf spring hinges are supplied, providing a 1.5″ lift in the back.
- This lift kit translates to a tremendous all-around raise that can accommodate up to 32″ tall tires while also giving a slight rear rake for towing or carrying.
- This kit includes front and rear shock extensions, so you don’t have to replace your existing shocks on top of the best quality torsion keys and shackles on the market.
- Installation time is predicted to take 2-3 hours, depending on the installer’s mechanical skill.
Buying Guide for Best Lift Kit
Always do some independent research to ensure that the kit you choose will work on your truck! Some of the information on this page may help you avoid making a costly error with your automobile. Once you’ve done the research, now look at our shopping guidelines which will provide you with some helpful advice.
Types of Lift Kits
Lift kits are plentiful on the market. First and foremost, you should be aware that there are two sorts of raise kits for your truck or SUV.
- Suspension lift kits
- Body lift kits
The body lift kit does exactly what it says: it elevates the body of your truck so you can fit a set of giant tires. Each raise kit is modified to your truck’s make, type, and year. Suspension lift kits adjust the suspension height to raise the truck’s frame and body.
Your financial situation will influence any choice you make. You can fantasize about 40-inch tires all you like, but if you don’t have the money to buy them or the suspension to clear them, all your fantasizing will be a waste. We’re not suggesting you shouldn’t get that lift kit you’ve always wanted. After all, we only have one life and should pursue our dreams wholeheartedly. However, we recommend that you be realistic about your budget and develop appropriately.
We all know that shocks are crucial to your truck’s performance in the dirt. They can also help on the pavement if your roadways are anything like the bad ones. A simple set of shocks will come standard with most suspension systems. They’ll probably suffice if you’re going for a drive down the highway.
However, if you want to get your gear dirty, you should look for extra shocks that are accessible. Off-road shocks with wider bodies will provide better cooling and control.
You could have the nicest suspension in the world, but if you don’t buy the correct tires, you’ll be disappointed. We’re suggesting that you should obtain the right tire for the way you drive. A super forceful mud-terrain tire is probably not your best pick if you travel daily and put a lot of highways driving on your vehicle. A modest all-terrain isn’t going to cut it if you’re going hard every weekend. Choose a tire that will work for you rather than one that looks nice.
Ensure stability control
Apart from ensuring that the speed is accurate, you also should ensure that all of the vehicle’s systems are operational following the installation of a lift. Modern automobiles are growing more complex, and changing them can affect stability control.
These mechanisms have been there for a long time, but they are currently more advanced than ever. It’s critical to understand that they’ll work if your vehicle is elevated and fitted with larger tires. If you own a current truck, you should keep all its features.
The greater the lift, the lower your gas mileage. There is no way to go around the principles of physics and aerodynamics. Pushing a more large profile through the air has an effect in terms of drag. And trying to spin heavier tires puts a strain on your drivetrain. If gas mileage is a concern, we recommend sticking to a lower lift and a tire only a couple of inches larger than average. Even with that, your gas mileage may suffer, but it will be reduced to a minimum.
To sum it up
Like many other products, off-road equipment has plenty of alternatives, and even with lift kits, there is no exception. There are a lot of them on the market. Before getting swept away, consider what is essential to you and what you intend to achieve from your ride’s performance.
When it comes to anything, the more information and understanding you have before you go in, the better will be the result. We hope you end up finding the best lift kit for your GMC Canyon and have a great experience with your chosen product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s The Distinction Between A Lift And A Leveling Kit?
Is It Possible To Eliminate Your Lift And Return It To Stock?
Is It Possible To Modify A Lift Kit?
What Should You Do With Your Older Truck If It Is Lifted?
Since a suspension lift kit comprises many parts, it will result in the removal of the majority, though not all, of the suspension components, which means that an older car will almost certainly require some replacement equipment.
Some of the components that were in good condition when the truck was in-stock may rapidly wear out. When lifting a vehicle older than ten years, plan to change a lot of damaged components. However, once the problematic parts have been solved, the kilometers ahead will be smooth sailing!